A Staff Accountant with Hilton Hotels & Resort is responsible for performing General Books (General Ledger) functions.
What will I be doing?
A Staff Accountant with Hilton Hotels & Resort is responsible for performing General Books (General Ledger) functions. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Performs monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
Prepares journal entries and assists in month-end procedures
Process credit card refunds
Responsible for cash over/short tracking and notifications
Posts daily income journals to the General Ledger
Assists with monthly house bank audits
Assists with the inputting of the budget and forecasts into HLBFS
Responds to telephone inquiries from guests and other departments
What are we looking for?
Four-year degree required, preferably Accounting or Finance. CPA/CMA/MBA desirable.
Minimum two year Accounting experience required. Hotel accounting/finance experience highly preferred.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Ability to speak another language in addition to English is preferred, with Japanese being the most desirable.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to access and accurately input information into a computer using various computer software such as but not limited to $$ontheNet, OnQ (Property Management System), PeopleSoft, Delphi, FMS, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Ability to operate a 10-key calculator.
- Ability to accurately input/type 45 wpm.
- Ability to correspond to customers and guest via electronic mail (email) using company provided software (currently Microsoft Outlook Web Access) with proper grammar.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language sufficient to communicate with employees, staff, guests and customers and to perform all essential job functions.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry a maximum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push/pull to retrieve and file various binders and files at levels up to 6 feet high.
- Ability to sit and work continuously for extended periods of time
- Ability to effectively deal with customer and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of their concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
- Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!