Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate processing of Accounts Payable:
- Monitor the Delta Risk Accounts email to receive and process accounts payable invoices
- Communicate with vendors when questions arise or clarifications are needed
- Coordinate with department managers or specific administrative co-workers to obtain necessary approval for vendor invoices
- Post all approved vendor invoices in QuickBooks ensuring accurate posting to proper GL account and Cost Center/Verticals
- Run accounts payable weekly and make recommendations for AP processing to CFO
- Maintain daily checkbook reconciliation
- Process approved AP runs through bank systems and posting in QBs
- Post customer receipts to appropriate accounts in QBs as needed
- Prepare A/R collections reports and contact customers as needed for payment status
- Assist with reconciling any discrepancies on customer accounts as needed
Credit Card Expense reconciliation
- Reconcile Delta Risk credit card accounts (weekly if needed)
- Collecting receipts
- Obtaining detailed information on charges with card holders
- Determining G/L posting of expenses; type of expense
- Initiate the payment of Credit Card through Concur
Payroll Processing: Backup and Primary responsibilities:
- Learn to process payroll bi-monthly to function as a backup to primary Payroll Administrator
- Submit payroll to Insperity for each bi-monthly period within deadline
- When processing, ensure payroll is processed by deadlines to be paid on time on the 5th and 20th of the month
- Ensure sufficient funds are in bank account in which payroll is posted
- Once timesheets are submitted - download timesheet report from Open Air
- Review hours and make adjustments to spreadsheet to create iff file to import to QBs
- Download bill for payroll
- Download payroll and run Big Red software to upload to QBs and review posted payroll (Primary role - bi-monthly)
- Other payroll related duties as determined.
- Monthly accruals: review closing spreadsheet lists to determine any necessary accruals
- Review subcontractor/consultant bills expected, request monthly billing and/or accrue for the expenses
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Post close, clean up monthly closing file and prepare for next month
- Net Suite OpenAir admin functions to support new hire setup, project setup, task accessibility for timesheets and reporting requirements for operations.
- High functioning organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work
- Acts proactively with team members
- High energy and very outgoing
- Must be able to work independently yet function effectively as part of larger multi-dimensional team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Problem solving- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Business Acumen - Displays orientation to profitability
- Dependability - Excellent attendance and punctuality. Commitment to reach goals. Willingness to work overtime as needed, required during month end closing, first 5 business days of month.
- Minimum Education/Training Requirements: Bachelor's degree (B. A.)- Accounting, Business, Finance or related.
- Minimum Experience: At least 3 - 5 years in the accounting field. Proficient knowledge of account reconciliations and general ledger accounting functions.
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving and math skills. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience using QuickBooks. Experience with Concur. Ability and willingness to learn other software as needed. NetSuite OpenAir
- Work Environment: Typical Office. Occasional travel can be expected. 10 hour plus days during month end close
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.