Luxury Hotel in Boston is seeking a Staff Accountant. This role will Assist Director of Finance & Hotel Controller with the accounting functionality of the hotel.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or relevant experience.
- Two to three years' Accounting experience
- 2+ years of Accounting Experience at a Luxury Hotel
- Excellent communication and customer service skills both verbal and written
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing and scheduling work assignments to meet practice timelines.
- Accounts Payable and Income Audit will be reporting to this manager
- Knowledge of accounting operations relative to the hotel, general accounting, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, income audit, etc.
- Basic mathematics skills; ability to operate 10-key by touch; computer knowledge.
- Must be able work under strict time constraints
- Oversee the Income Audit and Accounts Payable functions.
- Prepare Daily Revenue Report.
- Prepare/input journal entries.
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statement.
- Assist with timely completion of balance sheet and bank reconciliations as required by Langham Hotels standard operating procedures.
- Assist Accounting colleagues as needed.
- Complete a daily tax reconciliation.
- Answer calls from guests and research if the inquiry is legitimate.
- Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by supervisor.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.