The Staff Accountant will assist in the preparation of monthly general and sub ledger journal entries, reconciliations and help out with the annual audit. The Staff Accountant will also serve as a point of contact for multiple teams on accounting related questions/issues, prepare contractually required third party reporting, and assist with the preparation of monthly financial reports.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced numbers person that likes working in a fast-paced environment.
- Prepare journal entries
- Serve as the Accounts Payable associate
- Follow our company's established accounting processes
- Support accounts payable activities to ensure accuracy in coding and accuracy of accruals
- Prepare and post remote deposits
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations and cash settlement entries
- Create customer invoices and apply payments in accounts receivable subledger
- Create and maintain fixed asset records and subledger
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Provide detailed analyses and explanations for variance versus budget and trend
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Maintain and reconcile intercompany transactions
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred
- 3+ years' experience in accounting
- Proficient in MS Excel and Word
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to read and understand technical forms and financial reports
- Willingness to establish and maintain effective working relationships
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.