TEC Servicesis an engineering consulting firm and a concrete and aggregates testinglaboratory. TEC Services is currently seeking for a staff geologist to join ourteam of professionals in Lawrenceville, GA.
The individualwill be working with a team of professional geologists and engineers to providepetrographic services, as well as perform aggregate and concrete testing.Petrography of aggregates shall be performed to identify the mineralogy,textures, and structures, as well as any potentially deleterious materials foruse in concrete. Petrography of concrete shall be performed to identifydeterioration mechanisms. The individual shall use the polarized lightmicroscope (PLM) for petrographic evaluations, as well as a combination ofother test(s) and methods, such as the XRF and XRD.
Your primaryresponsibilities will include:
- Performingpetrographic evaluations of concrete and aggregates
- Performinghardened air-void analysis point counts
- Performingvarious concrete and aggregate tests
- Provideengineering and geological support for on-going projects
- Assistin sample preparation including thin section prep
- Technicalreport writing
- Performingother duties as required