State Tax Manager
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Working in this position in the finance team in CFO Functions in Cary, North Carolina, Partner with other domestic income tax manager(s) to accurately and efficiently manage state compliance process for ABB.
Reporting to the Country Tax Manager, you will be actively participate in, manage and/or create value-add initiatives which reduce ABB’s U.S. effective tax rate. Support tax accounting, tax audit, M&A, and international tax efforts undertaken by the North American tax function.
- • Communication: Responsible for timely and efficient communications with State Tax Director for areas of responsibility
- • Areas of responsibility include: Staff Development, Directly supervise and coordinate activities of staff members, Develop bench strength for succession
- • Compliance: Coordinate and manage all aspects for completion of state income tax returns and quarterly estimated payments, Responsible for continuous improvement in the efficiency of gathering and quality of data utilized
- • Tax Accounting: Review level accountability for all state income tax inputs into quarterly tax provision
- • Responsible for state income tax balance sheet accounts, Monitor & forecast state ETR, Assist with M&A/divestiture activities
- • Tax Controversy: Manage inventory of state income/franchise examinations, Responsible for effective tax notice system
- • Research & Planning: Identify situations for tax optimization, Lead special projects, Research and document ad-hoc issues
- • Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and 5 years of relevant tax experience
- • Masters in Tax-preferred
- • Federal and state income tax experience
- • Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all types of people and disciplines
- • Solid writing and presentation skills
- • Strong analytical skills
- • Tax law research skills
- • Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
Global Business Services (GBS) is ABB’s shared services organization which delivers operational and expert services in Finance, Human Resources, Information Systems, Legal, Global Travel Services and external Customer Contact Centers. With employees based in five main hubs and front offices, GBS provides mainly Business services to ABB teams across the globe as well as supports with external customer inquiries.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.