This position is responsible for managing the Company’s state and local tax compliance, planning and provision process and leading a team to ensure completeness, accuracy, and optimization of the state income/franchise tax, sales/use, and property tax returns. This position will also develop and improve processes and procedures and provide guidance and strategy regarding state and local tax implications. The State Tax Senior Manager will also train and retain the top talent needed to strengthen the Company’s tax function. This position is open to a location of Minneapolis, MN or West Fargo, ND and offers a hybrid work arrangement working 2-3 days per week at the office and the balance from home/remote.
Role & Responsibility
Manage State & Income Tax Compliance
- Plan and manage the state and local income, franchise, sale/use tax, and property tax compliance process. Manage the data collection for state tax compliance and tax accounting. Perform detail analysis to ensure data accuracy.
- Manage and review state income tax work papers including state modifications, apportionment work papers, and state tax liability calculation.
- Review state income, franchise, gross receipts, sales/use, property tax returns.
- Review state deprecation calculation and other state adjustments based on each state’s requirements.
- Review quarterly state and local estimated tax payments.
- Monitor sales/use tax registrations and business license requirements.
- Manage exemption certificate system, perform routine review to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Manage the quarterly and annual state tax provisions process, reconcile state and local income, franchise, sales/use, and property tax accounts.
- Evaluate state and local uncertain tax position; manage the documentation and roll forward schedule of uncertain tax positions.
- Perform state valuation allowance analysis.
- Manage the state and local income, franchise and sales/use tax audits, and review responses to tax notices.
- Manage state R&D credit and other state credit/incentive projects.
- Develop, improve, and streamline processes and procedures for sales/use tax compliance.
- Establish a systematic documentation process that supports the company's state and local tax positions and the continuity of historical information transition.
Strategy and Guidance
- Provide indirect tax guidance to business groups.
- Provide state and local tax advisory and consulting service for business transactions.
- Partner with Senior Tax Accounting and Federal/International compliance manager on research projects, analysis, and implementation of tax planning strategies to reduce the Company’s overall effective tax rate.
- Monitor intercompany transaction’s impact on state and local taxes.
- Monitor and communicate newly enacted state tax legislation. Evaluate, inform, and document tax requirements related to tax law changes.
- Provide state and local tax forecast to support AOP and LRP submission.
- Manage and develop direct report through coaching, training, and mentoring, and making sure that team members have the tools required to perform effectively and efficiently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Master’s Degree in Taxation, Accounting or MBA preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- 7-10+ years’ corporate state & local tax experience and supervisory experience.
- Strong knowledge in state and local income tax laws and regulations.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in major corporate tax preparation software. Experience with CCH Axcess is a plus.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting principles.
- Oracle ERP system experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and cross-functional teamwork skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Travel Standard: 25%.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture, landscaping and grounds maintenance equipment, attachments and services. The company is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
Doosan Bobcat North America is home to world-renowned brands, including Bobcat® compact equipment, Doosan® portable power products, Ryan® and Steiner® grounds maintenance equipment and Geith® attachments. Doosan Bobcat North America is a tradename of Clark Equipment Company.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.