The Station Manager is responsible for the oversight and coordination of the day-to-day operation, or a segment of the operation, to ensure safe, reliable, efficient, and effective operational and financial performance of the station.
- Builds partnerships with outside customers and provides and sets the example for the delivery of distinctive customer service.
- Reviews operational and financial reports to ensure station is meeting goals and objectives and takes corrective action as required.
- Ensures compliance with DGS policies and procedures, rules, standards, customer requirements and governmental/regulatory requirements.
- Participates in employee relations investigations when complaints are brought forth and resolves issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Promotes and adheres to DGS policy concerning Safety, Anti-Harassment and Equal Employment Opportunity.
- Recruits new employees to ensure appropriate staffing, promotes team building initiatives and performs coaching/mentoring activities to develop and motivate team members.
- Ensures that employees are properly trained and audits records as needed.
- Sets, measures and manages performance of self and others and leads team members in achieving/exceeding operational and financial objectives and goals.
- Ensures compliance with rules and standards of all relevant regulatory agencies and applicable laws.
- All other duties as assigned.
This description is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Particular functions, tasks and requirements may vary or be added depending upon the location and operational requirements. The text on this site does not represent a contract of employment and the company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.