The Steward Position is responsible for a variety of tasks to support the Food and Beverage Team.
The Steward Position will report to the Executive Steward.
What will I be doing?
Duties and Supporting Responsibilities
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow team members
- Operate an industrial dish machine and other cleaning equipment as assigned
- Ensure all team members have the dishes, silverware and glasses required in daily hotel operations
- Sort, stack, dry dishes, and load/unload dish machine
- Sort, stack, dry and store all cleaned items in an organized and safe manner
- Ensure all broken and chipped items are removed from circulation, reported and inventoried
- Ensure floors and counters are dry, sanitized and clean at all times
- Remove debris and trash to designated areas throughout shift
- Clean and sanitize all pots, pans, and dishes by hand and using dish machines
- Clean and sanitize all food processing facilities, storage areas, refrigerators, kitchens and hallways
- Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment, including all equipment and storage spaces
- Work in close coordination with all kitchen and service team members and leaders
- May work in team member restaurant, restaurants, or banquets with various responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Being responsible for front and back of house in team member restaurant, keeping tables, floor, beverage (coffee, juice, soda, milk) and snack areas clean and stocked, paper goods, china, cups and silver stocked as well as operating equipment in the back of house to clean all kitchen wares and team member plates, trays, cups and silver. May also be requested to assist with delivery and breakdown of food as well as removing trash and compacting as needed. Will take ownership of all cafeteria tasks requested.
- Being responsible for banquet operations including transport of food supplies and equipment before and after events. Will also take part in cleaning all banquet equipment and dishes, returning everything to its stock location. Will take ownership of all tasks requested in the assigned floors.
- Being responsible for stewarding restaurant operations including operating dish machines, retrieving and restocking all china, glass, silver. Being responsible for cleanliness of back of house at all times and front of house as requested. Removing all trash as needed or per schedule and properly disposing in appropriate compactor, leaving all areas clean and sanitized. Will always ensure all locations have proper chemicals, paper towels, hand soap and hand sanitizer. Keeping all stewarding equipment and mop rooms in top condition. Washing pots, pans and heavy equipment using the three-compartment sink in accordance to sanitary guidelines, while returning items if requested and stocking in proper locations.
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to operate in a safe and friendly environment to protect guests' and team members' health and safety
- Comply with hotel environmental, health and safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Other duties as assigned
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes AM, PM, weekends and
• Maintain proper grooming standards, appearance and demeanour
• Ability to handle multiple guest requests
• SNHD Health Card
Each of the items listed is considered an essential function of the position. However, the duties, responsibilities and requirements presented in this job description are intended to be broad based and high level and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all roles or responsibilities for the position. The Company reserves the right to alter the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is Company policy to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including by providing reasonable accommodations that do not constitute an undue hardship on the Company. Employees or applicants should direct requests for accommodation to Director of Human Resources.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!