Retail management professionals, are you ready to apply your leadership background to something fun and different that will allow you to build a rewarding long-term career? Join our team at EZCORP! Founded with 16 pawn stores in 1989, we have grown into a market leader in the specialty consumer finance industry, operating over 500 storefronts in 16 US states, as well as in Canada and Mexico. We are currently looking for a motivated and personable Retail Store Manager to oversee one of our EZPAWN retail outlets.
In this role, you will oversee a team of 5-10 Sales Associates while providing outstanding customer service and building strong ongoing relationships with clients. This is a fantastic opportunity for you to experience career growth in a retail environment that allows you to connect with people in your community and make a positive difference in their lives. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, paid training, a fun work environment with great people, and plenty of room for professional development and advancement.
If you like the idea of building a rewarding management career while helping to turn a customer's bad day into a good day, we want to talk with you! Contact us today!
As a Retail Store Manager, you will have a great deal of autonomy in how you manage your EZPAWN shop, although you will be responsible for tracking and reporting all sales and customer activity on a daily basis. It will be up to you to lead, coach and mentor your team, and you will also join them in working with customers to negotiate mutually satisfying agreements regarding pawn items. Not only will you build ongoing business relationships with customers, but you will also strategize on raising community awareness of your store in order to attract and retain even more loyal customers.
Your specific duties in this role will include:
- Completing store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning Team Members and following up on their work results
- Recruiting, interviewing, orienting, and training Team Members while monitoring and appraising their job results
- Coaching, developing, and mentoring all Team Members in the store
- Influencing and directing the staffing and retention of store Team Members
- Achieving all financial objectives, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions as appropriate
- Formulating pricing policies by reviewing merchandising activities, determining additional needed sales promotions, authorizing clearance sales, and studying trends
- Marketing merchandise by studying advertising, sales promotion, and display plans
- Analyzing operating and financial statements for profitability ratios
- Securing merchandise by implementing security systems and measures
- Protecting Team Members and customers by providing a safe and clean store environment
- Maintaining the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements
- Maintaining operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing all program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures
- Conducting HR investigations with the assistance of Company leadership
We are looking for a Retail Store Manager who combines an engaging personality and solid leadership, coaching and mentoring skills with strong negotiation talents, and the ability to read and manage customer needs and emotions. You should also be highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent judgment as well as strong time-management and prioritization skills. It is also important that you display excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build solid ongoing client and community relationships.
Requirements for the Retail Store Manager role include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 to 5 years experience in a Management role
- Ability to offer and describe various solutions and their benefits to the customer
- Strong marketing and community outreach abilities
- Strategic and tactical staff management skills
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and drug test
- Valid driver's license and auto insurance, required
- Background of accountability for meeting targets and metrics in a performance-driven environment
- Knowledge of commonly pawned items such as tools, jewelry, firearms or electronics, a plus
- Pawn experience, a plus
- Bilingual, a plus
EZCORP is passionate for customer service, but our Team Members are equally as important. Just as we want to meet the needs of our customers and our community, we also strive to meet the needs of our diverse workforce and their families. EZCORP provides our full-time Team Members with a comprehensive benefits package to help you achieve your optimal work/life balance.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive wages
- Bonus potential
- Comprehensive health insurance package
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Progressive career path
EZCORP participates in the E-Verify Program (Department of Homeland Security) which electronically verifies the employment eligibility, identity, and Social Security number validity of all new hires and rehires.