What Inside Sales contributes to Cardinal Health
Account Management is responsible for managing the success of relationship with an assigned set of customers in order to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the customer and Cardinal Health. Responsibility for long-term relationship building between the customer, Cardinal Health, and other professional organizations (Group Purchasing Organizations, etc). The complexity of the solution, product or services offered is variable and can range from simple to moderately complex selling.
Inside Sales Services – Strategic Account Specialist – Ambulatory Care Pharmaceuticals
Accountabilities in this role
- Demonstrates working industry knowledge that may include the following: key competitors, terminology, technology, trends, challenges, reimbursement and government regulations; demonstrates basic knowledge of how customers’ unique business needs relate to Cardinal Health offerings
- Participates in delivering portfolios of solutions that meet Cardinal Health and customer goals
- Addresses internal and external constituents needs with moderate supervision
- Considers account profitability when making decisions and performing daily task
- Builds and maintains trusted partner relationships in relatively non-complex environments
- Facilitates processes in a relatively non – complex environment with moderate supervision
- Conduct effective presentations to various sized target audiences, including internal and external groups.
- Identify market intelligence on competitive activity, communicate to appropriate internal resources in a timely manner; develop and implement sales plans to meet business goals.
- Converts existing and potential customers' use of targeted products and services and ensures sustained and expanded sales of these products and services.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested and works effectively with other team members to ensure the goals and objectives of the organization are met.
- Participate in projects and other initiatives inside and/or outside of the assigned area, department or business unit, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Min. 2 years proven outside or inside sales experience
- 1-2 years in health care services, medical products sales or equivalent preferred
- Extremely personable and team player
- Strong process management, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Proficient computer skills
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates basic understanding of the business and challenges of a system/functional area within assign customers; has broad understating of the benefits of a solution.
- Builds a network at the appropriate levels within customer organizations; strives to constantly gain customer knowledge and identify how Cardinal Health can meet their needs.
- Assist in defining pre-sales potential value and comparing post – sale implemented solutions to expectations and effectively communicate results to others within Cardinal Health.
- Collects necessary information and assist with ROI and other analysis of pre-sale potential solutions and post-sale implemented solutions to assess value to the customer and Cardinal Health.
- Communicates understanding of customer needs and reinforces the messages of demonstrated value with internal Cardinal Health resources and customer end – users as appropriate.
- Supports and / or assist in execution on simplistic/transactional deals; may secure deals by helping outline defined benefits; collaborates with direct/indirect decision makers/influencers.
- Knows internal resources (who to go for what) and builds internal networks throughout Cardinal Health to assist with customer needs as appropriate.
- Gains familiarity around the contracting administration process and may perform pricing negotiations
- Listens to and ask questions of internal and external customers, working to fine tune solutions selling communication skills
- Demonstrates understanding of all Cardinal Health capabilities; researches or seeks opportunities to learn n abut areas/capabilities that are less familiar and build internal network
- Demonstrates working knowledge and skills in the Solutions Sales Process by supporting efforts to craft value-added customer solutions; maintains information to track and report the value of various offerings across customers
- Begins to build external relationships/ network with customers
- Shares external customers experiences with internal customers to prove perspective as Cardinal Health business plans and financial budgets are developed
- Responds quickly and directly to request from internal contacts and external customer end users; escalates any issues that may result in unmet expectations.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.