Are you a motivated, analytical thinker with a penchant for calculating equations and is interested in bringing home the \u201cBACON?\u201d Then join Smithfield Foods, a $15 billion global food company and the world's largest pork processor and hog producer! For more information, visit www.smithfieldfoods.com, and connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
The Finance/Accounting team is seeking out driven, detail-oriented professionals to exercise GAAP principles while preserving the superior financial standing of our $15B company. These personnel examine data for accurate pricing in Customer Finance, reconcile/manage invoices as an Accounting Coordinator, or scrutinize the company’s state/federal income tax data in Corporate Tax.
Provides support through analysis of company-wide operating results, including detailed customer and product level information. Prepares and analyzes financial data and creates and compiles reports to provide senior leadership with accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Performs occasional data warehousing functions.Core Responsibilities
- Prepares daily estimated P/L results for parent company.
- Develops routine and ad hoc reports as requested by senior leadership.
- Develops processes and procedures that support a consistent production of reports in a timely manner.
- Prepares financial information for various government filings and reports for senior management.
- Provides relevant feedback to management while identifying trends and anomalies as it relates to operating results.
- Assists in annual capital expenditure audit process.
- Performs occasional data warehousing functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or related field and 2+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to think independently and show initiative to learn new business processes, providing recommendations for improvements when necessary.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while building strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
Smithfield, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Careers and Benefits
To learn more about Smithfield’s benefits, visit smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits.