Are you a General Manager or Sales Manager who gets true satisfaction in helping others grow? Can you spot the best sales talent anywhere? Do you have a successful track record of taking your station to new sales heights? If you answer yes to these questions, YOU NEED TO APPLY BELOW. Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a talented General Manager for our stations in Portland, OR. This is not a desk job! The successful candidate will have a commitment to new business development with pointed and aggressive sales techniques. We are looking for experienced General Managers, Sales Managers, or other experienced television station leaders who are ready to take the next step.
In this position you will:
- Manage the physical, human and financial assets of the station
- Achieve budgeted financial goals and grow station's revenue share
- Help increase the station's viewing audience by serving the interests of the community
- Protect the station's license through strict adherence to FCC rules and regulations
- Train, manage, and motivate all station personnel including sales staff
- Manage television sales for the station including local, new business and new media
- Train sales team to sell products and services via Digital Solutions and Mobile Marketing
- Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
- Manage employee relations and station relations
- Manage and control sales revenue by developing strong relationships with local clients
- 4-7 years experience in a similar role in a TV station or in a Sr. Television Management role
- Hands on TV advertising sales and operational background a must
- Strong and positive leadership skills required
- Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
- A minimum of 5 years management experience required
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OSI preferred.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!