Strategic Marketing Manager, Control and Protection Products, US
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As Strategic Marketing Manager, you will develop and manage execution of the go-to-market strategy for the US Electrification (EL) Distribution Solutions division for Control and Production Products in US.
Reporting to the VP/Product Marketing Director, you will lead and collaborate with both local and global business teams to ensure that the US EL Global Markets sales and marketing organization has a clearly defined business plan, including yearly volume and margin targets, for all Control and Production Products.
***Preferred work locations in Cary/Raleigh, NC; Virtual, remote-based in the US Eastern or Central Time Zone will also be considered***
- Develop comprehensive go to market strategy and execution plan for all Control and Production Products
- Create clear and succinct product positioning strategy along with corresponding execution of tactics to meet yearly growth targets for all portfolio products including instrument transformers, outdoor products, indoor products, automation
- Have a deep understanding of market developments, projects, emerging opportunities, changes in regulation / market dynamics and current/future technology needs. Define and execute the strategy for gathering competitive information (e.g. offerings/locations served by competitor) considering the ABB standards and governance
- Co-develop and co-implement annual marketing plan in conjunction with Product Marketing Managers, Segment Marketing, and Channel Marketing
- Ensure profitable, balanced business growth across assigned product lines and Product Groups in the US domestic market
- Support sales organizations in driving sales and services of respective portfolio solutions; create and maintain an effective sales support organization to help realize yearly orders and gross margin targets
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and existing customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction; learn customer needs by visiting customers and ensures the customer satisfaction surveys are executed; analyze results and assist with corrective actions
- Define KPIs and translate overall portfolio success to corporate/business results and report to leadership on a periodic basis
- Together with Product Managers and Product Marketing Managers, support PG technology roadmap, address white spots, buildup and consolidate domain knowledge, address standardization and other technical bodies, provide strategic inputs to the R&D organization, including digitalization and service
- Position ABB as a technology leader in the sector and support lead generation through industry events, associations and forums, social media, media relations and other marketing collaterals
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering along with minimum 8 years of proven experience successfully leading market strategy for software / digital products and solutions
- Self-starter and effective communicator who is passionate about his/her position and committed to fostering a “team” approach and achieving successful results
- Ability to think strategically to frame future scenarios and conditions
- Proven consensus building skills to mediate differences of opinion and reach solutions that others can accept; skill at creating harmony and agreement among people who initially disagree
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy in 100+ countries where the Electrification Business Area operates. Our 10,000 sales & marketing employees connect our customers and partners to our innovative portfolio of products, services and solutions. Our domain expertise and global footprint enable us to support our customers with solutions that address their current needs, while anticipating how emerging trends such as urbanization, digitalization and the shift to sustainable energy will impact their future needs.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.