Responsible for managing and delivering on the less complex sourcing and category management needs and requirements of the business unit. Serves as the single point of contact for all project related needs, issues and initiatives for the category.
- Analysis: Responsible for quantitative analysis to identify financial impacts of decisions and performance for the less complex or more established categories managed. Perform business process analysis and develop models to improve cost. Collaborate with stakeholders to define SLA's and KPI’s for suppliers and measure the appropriate criteria, such as: delivery of business results, cost reduction, quality and timeliness of delivery. Conduct research, perform benchmarking, and gather market analysis for assigned categories.
- Leadership: Lead cross functional teams through a disciplined sourcing process to support strategic sourcing, supply management and operations objectives. Coordinate with resources in business unit/functional areas such as procurement, legal, operations and other support functions to ensure strategies and agreements are well defined and aligned with company needs and objectives.
- Project Management: Responsible for projects including planning, coordinating with stakeholders, estimating completion, and project updates.
- Contract Management: Responsible for assisting in the authoring of contract documents, including service level exhibits, statements of work, and examples. Management of contracts ensuring performance of the supplier to contract obligations. Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs. Examples include indemnification, intellectual property, force majeure, and amendments/exhibits/SOWs.
- Negotiations: Utilize negotiations to maximize value and cost savings benefit while lowering risk.
- Supplier Management: Establish segmentation of suppliers for assigned category. Create and implement related management programs to develop, continuously improve, govern, rationalize, manage the performance of, and monitor SLA's/KPI's of the supply base.
- Strategy/Sourcing: Lead, assist, and support the processes, technologies, and operations. Create sourcing strategies for assigned categories.
- Receives guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- Stakeholder Management: Develop and maintain key internal stakeholder relationships to create strategic sourcing models that optimize the value of products and services that support business unit requirement to maintain continuous cost reduction programs for controllable expenditures. Communicate, manage, and drive compliance to category strategies. Provides solutions to moderately difficult problems
- Talent Development: May help manage, lead, develop, and mentor related positions, such as Sourcing Analysts while working on critical projects.
- Under moderate supervision.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years experience relative to requirements.
- Experience in contracting, procurement, finance, operations, controls, negotiations, accounting.
- Master’s Degree in purchasing, supply chain management, finance, or business-related discipline and 8 years experience relative to requirements preferred.
- Advanced experience in contract terms and conditions, procurement methodologies, finance, operations, controls, negotiations, and accounting preferred.
- Experience directly managing purchasing resources preferred.
- Ability to gather and communicate business requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with credibility at all levels of the organization and with suppliers.
- Ability to plan and manage projects across business and functional groups.
- Ability to analyze business processes related to or impacted by sourcing projects.
- Ability to develop, enable and drive execution of key business strategies, both internally and externally, to deliver Company mission and objectives.
- Ability to work under general supervision
- Ability to lead processes and projects.
- Initiative to determine new areas for sourcing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.