QMS Intern, Teterboro, NJ
The Quest Diagnostics QMS Intern will play a key role in the Lean conversion and continuous improvement efforts supporting Lab Operations.
In this role, the intern will:
- Assist with multiple initiatives to implement Lean tools / practices throughout the operation. This includes the implementation of sustainable process improvements as well as the tracking and measuring the results.
- Assist with the implementation of visual management boards across the organization including helping in the development of Value Stream Maps.
- Assist in performing studies to realize productivity, quality, and efficiency improvements.
- Assist in creation of key metrics and performance measurements.
- Participate in Kaizen activities leading to overall quality improvements as well as the implementation of standard work, 5S, and other Lean tools.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Student currently working toward Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong presentation skills to successfully influence others
- Proficiency in Excel and Visio
- Knowledge of process controls techniques including statistical process control and data analysis techniques
Attributes Valuable to This Position:
- Excellent interpersonal skill
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Highly self-driven / motivated
- Excellent listening skills
- Results oriented
- Previous laboratory experience or health care industry knowledge is desirable, but not required
- Role may require occasional evening hours, so the ability to work flexible schedules is preferred