Reporting to the Director of Student Affairs, the Student Services Advisor assists in providing continuing services to enrolled students and reentry students as they proceed with their education.
- Assist in monitoring student attendance.
- Student advocate 'Liaison' for grievance and complaints.
- Assist in achieving the budgeted retention and re-entry goals for the campus.
- Meet with and advise students concerning consecutive absence issues and effect satisfactory resolutions.
- Direct assistance for students in obtaining information, contact and resolution in the areas of: childcare, transportation, financial advisement, protective and legal aid services, and effective study/tutoring services.
- Serve as an effective liaison between faculty and students and coordinate advising activities.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of the school catalog and company policies and best practices.
- Develop and oversee campus activities to foster the development of student community to include orientation facilitation.
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Student Affairs and/or Campus President.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Strong oral communication skills.
- Knowledgeable and skilled in the art of human dynamics.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with students, faculty and staff.
- Strong telephone communications skills.