Bally Sports North & Wisconsin is seeking a Director to join their production department. This position is responsible for the technical preparation and execution of live pregame, intermission, and postgame coverage for team partners. Duties include collaborating with editorial personnel and technical crew to deliver compelling, high quality content. The Director will also communicate regularly and clearly with remote production teams and off-site Master Control operators to ensure clean integration of productions into each night’s game telecast. As the Director is responsible for executing the overall creative appearance of shows, this person will lead the technical crew. This person will work closely with the Coordinating Producer to order and deliver production elements to 3rd party vendors. The position will report to the Director of operations.
- Direct assigned shows, accurately timing each program, and guide talent and crew through shows seamlessly
- On air, provide cues and timing to talent and crew on studio productions, and runs video playback through the Avid Interplay system
- Ensure accurate execution of all required sponsored elements, marketing drops, and other network-driven initiatives within shows
- Work with Operations, engineering, and Coordinating Producer to refine workflows and provide feedback, with new capabilities and efficiencies top of mind
- Write and submit detailed crew reports on every production
- Provide constructive feedback after each production to crew, and review areas where improvement could be needed
- Provide reporting of any equipment, operational or crew issues
- Communicate regularly with Operations and Coordinating Producer to recognize crew/production assistant successes, report any concerns, and for creative/editorial input
- The director is responsible for crewing all studio shows. This includes contacting,confirming and entering the freelance crew into our XLT payroll system
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment is essential
- Must have a clear understanding of studio shot composition, lighting, and cutting edge aesthetics of studio and live television presentation, as well as the ability to clearly communicate those expectations to crew members
- Experience in the remote truck environment is also necessary
- Knowledge of and passion for NBA basketball, NHL hockey & Major League Baseball is required
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills are required
- Ability to work under pressure with limited supervision is required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook is needed
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven ability to work as a team leader are also necessary
- Knowledge of television studio environments, including the ability to work flexible hours is necessary
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.