This is your chance to be part of an amazing team and to support a Washington, D.C.-based national evening newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
We are seeking a full-time Studio Technician! This is an entry level position for candidates interested in gaining experience in the broadcasting industry.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
- Running teleprompter/robotic cameras
- Floor directing
- Operate plaza cameras
- Learning how to be the audio operator in the studio during various newscasts
- Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience working in a commercial news operation
- Working knowledge of production standards and equipment
- Excellent communication skillset
- Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
- Must be able to lift & position forty-pound lighting instrument
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.