Look for more than answers.
Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far-reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Sunquest Technical Specialist, you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
This can be a remote position, with preference for candidates in EST or CST.
Sunquest Technical Analyst, the role:
The Sunquest Technical Analyst will monitor tickets for severity and impact; provide software support for existing applications; troubleshoot and analyze problems and requirements; monitor issues for trends and convert tickets to projects when required and manage support tickets to completion. The Sunquest Technical Analyst will continually drive software improvements and ensure seamless support of our customers.
This professional will be responsible for the support and troubleshooting of multiple enterprise wide systems across all of IT lab and operational applications, and will utilize helpdesk ticketing system to record and track daily support activities and investigation of customer issues.
- Respond to issues in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreements
- Communicate proactively with Business Units to assess issues and provide periodic status updates, both short-term and long-term
- Perform assessment analysis to identify scope of problems and escalate recurring issues to management
- Support Problem Management calls; provide technical skills to research issues as required and participate on escalations and issue resolution teams to address chronic, priority issues
- Proactively monitor Business Unit error logs and resolve issues as required
- Analyze issues by performing root cause analysis, and research and design short-term and long-term solutions
- Maintain proficiency in application and product expertise and serve as an internal consultant in multiple applications and functionalities
- Keep abreast of the new Quest Diagnostics technologies and organizational impact
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with all levels, including customers, technical personnel and management.
To qualify, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience preferred
- 3 + years of experience in technical support and troubleshooting of multiple enterprise wide systems
- 3 + years of Customer Service experience
- Experience with ticketing systems such as Remedy or HP Service Manager preferred
- Should possess a working knowledge of mobile hardware components, mobile applications and web-based applications
- Application experience with MS Windows, MS Office, MS Lync, MS Outlook, and wireless communications/mobile device management
- Excellent proficiency in problem solving and troubleshooting production issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organizational, time management, customer service, prioritization and multi-tasking skills
- Sunquest and/or Copath systems experience preferred
- Development of software solutions utilizing a variety of programming languages including JAVA, SQL, C or C++, PRO-IV, Wiki etc. preferred
- Rotational weekend/holiday support on-call as required
- Day Shift Hours – Slight change in shift hours may be required to provide adequate overlap of support coverage
Join us for competitive benefits and development opportunities in a progressive and supportive environment. Help us improve our service, and the experiences of our patients and colleagues. Work with us and together we can be better.
Your Quest career. Seek it out.
All requirements are subject to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Quest Diagnostics is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Women / Minorities / Veterans / Disabled / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity/Citizenship.