What Contract and Billing contributes to Cardinal Health
Contracts and Billing is responsible for finance related activities such as customer and vendor contract administration, customer and vendor pricing, rebates, billing (including drop-ships), processing chargebacks and vendor invoices, developing and negotiating customer and group purchasing contracts.
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial processes, systems, controls, and work streams.
- Demonstrates experience working collaboratively in a finance environment coupled with strong internal controls.
- Possesses understanding of service level goals and objectives when providing customer support.
- Demonstrates ability to respond to non-standard requests from vendors and customers.
- Possesses strong organizational skills and prioritizes getting the right things done.
This role will have responsibility and leadership over the OptiFreight's billing services. Billing Services is responsible for allocation of freight charges based on Customer needs, accuracy checks before invoicing and invoice problem resolution.
- Lead Analysts positively through change and create a culture of empowerment and supports the needs of our business partners and customers.
- Own optimizing processes, automating where possible, and attracting, retaining and developing excellent talent to best serve our customers and business.
- Keeping and maintaining visibility on where things are in value stream.
- Driving excellent performance, root cause problem solving and process improvement.
- Holding 10 Analyst accountable for the work they produce; Timely and accurate review of analyst’s research results including feedback and training, as needed
- Work cross functionally with other areas throughout OptiFreight and external to Cardinal.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Customer facing leadership experience
- 4 + years’ experience preferred
- OpEx exposure highly desired
- Experience working in Financial Function preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- 5% travel
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.