What Inventory Mgmt contributes to Cardinal Health
Inventory Management is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems, supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
- High school diploma required
- degree preferred
- 3-5 years related experience
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Inventory/Routing background preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
- Responsible for Inventory accuracy
- Collaborate with routing lead on cube utilization of trucks.
- Purchasing of department supplies.
- Work with routing lead reporting damaged product.
- Set priorities for the team to complete
- Responsible for monthly reporting.
- Supervision of direct reports.
- Must achieve safety, quality and productivity metrics/goal
- Insures that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained.
- Completes detailed accurate performance evaluations of all direct reports.
- Maintains general responsibility for disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; insures a productive work climate in the production operation.
- Maintain positive employee relations.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Has in-depth knowledge of work processes and tools within own area
- Perform to company standard 5’s program.
- Perform other duties within the scope of job assignment as assigned by the Supervisor and or lead.
- Perform duties in compliance with all safety rules and regulations required by the Company, Local, and State and Federal provisions.
BASIC FUNCTION (IC): Responsible for supervising all aspects of the inventory control function. Identify opportunities and coordinate corrective actions to improve inventory flow and accuracy of data through analysis, feedback, process changes, and training.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.