SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
As the Supervisor, Software Architecture you will lead the work of the Software Engineer team. You will be responsible for design and development of new and/or revised software revisions for company departments and business units. This role will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) by creating high-level architectural specifications and addressing problems of systems integration and compatibility. You will also perform research on the potential project feasibility and provide conclusions to management.
- Coordinates and supervises daily activities and sets priorities of the Software Engineers.
- Develops technical architectures, frameworks and strategies to meet the business and application requirements.
- Designs overall architecture, database structures of the solution following SGS standards.
- Develops data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs.
- Defines and documents interfaces of manual to automated operations within application sub- systems, to external systems and between new and existing systems.
- Develops and executes test plans to check infrastructure and systems technical performance. Reports on findings and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Ensures that design documents, and system test scripts remain current.
- Develops, documents, communicates, and enforces a policy for standardizing systems and software as necessary.
- Identifies the policies and requirements that drive out a certain solution.
- Researches, evaluates and synthesizes technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems.
- Collects and documents users’ requirements and develops logical and physical specifications.
- Analyzes functional requirements to identify information, procedures and decision flows.
- Evaluates existing procedures and methods, identifies and documents database content, structure, and application sub-systems, and develops data dictionary.
- Develops and analyzes new key features of the solution, ensuring deliverables are reusable in future client projects and meets business needs.
- Ensures delivery of a quality solution. Discusses and coordinates discussions around system interfaces with a development team.
- Develops prototypes of new, innovative solutions for customer processes. Presents prototypes in client workshops and solicits further requirements and feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or relevant field
- 7+ years’ experience with 5+ years in a role of a Solutions Architect
- Hands-on technical working experience in the system analysis, design, architecture, development and testing of complex, multi-tier development & production environments
- Development experience in PL/SQL and Oracle Web Forms.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.