- High school diploma or possession of a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- Five (5) years' experience in environments such as warehouse/distribution, stock-control and inventory, to include supervisory experience in the management of stockrooms, procurement or related operations.
- Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license issued from the jurisdiction of residence.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations.
The Supervisor of Stores is accountable for store management of capital construction material and asset supplies. The incumbent supervises the operation of both the central storeroom or satellite storerooms and assists the Manager in other internal functions. The supervisor oversees and coordinates the day to day activities of the storerooms. Also, the incumbent manages storeroom personnel who are responsible for store inventory, and who issue or ship materials.
- Assists in the completion of daily count books and other inventories. Assists stock clerks in cross-matching stock numbers to shipments received. Completes "Notice of Arrivals" on materials received and destined for other departments.
- Cleans and maintains supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas to ensure compliance with safety regulations. Completes the Materials and Supplies Control Sheet daily.
- Completes administrative reports as required. Completes all shipping paperwork for materials to be returned for repairs or exchanges. Completes shipment reports and notes any discrepancies.
- Determines proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Ensures that perpetual inventories are maintained effectively. Ensures that proper store keeping practices are applied.
- Ensures that quantities shipped out are actually received and that any discrepancies are quickly resolved.
- Inspects stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors. Keeps records on the use or damage of stock or stock-handling equipment.
- Maintains the petty cash account for payments of incoming shipments.
- Marks stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
- Oversees the accuracy of inventories so that replenishment requisitions are generated in a timely manner. Issues back-orders on unavailable materials to be shipped at a later date.
- Packs and unpacks items to be stocked on shelves. Verifies inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock and investigating discrepancies or errors.
- Reconciles incoming shipments with order documents to ensure proper processing. Stores items in an orderly and accessible manner. Supervises the receipt and storage of incoming materials and supplies.
- Evaluates grievances with individuals and attempts to resolve problems within established Collective Bargaining Agreements.
Supervises and trains assigned storeroom personnel. Provides assistance or direction to other workers
The essential duties listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Personal Interview
- Skills Assessments
- Verification of education and experience
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit history report for positions with fiduciary responsibilities
- Successful completion of a medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening
- Review of a current Motor Vehicle Report
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, a Federal contractor, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification exists. Our hiring process is designed to be accessible and free from discrimination.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job Descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.