Shift : The start time is 10AM, with the Supervisors typically working up to 12 hour shifts. Able to work extended hours, based on business need. Also needs to be able to work every other weekend on Saturday typically (8AM-4:30PM) as well.
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
Be able to perform various activities associated with the QIC department as assigned by Management & Sr. Leadership .
- The timely resolve of the inventory problems during the inbound and outbound phases of the facility operations.
- Use power equipment safe and responsibly.
- Maintain the accuracy of the facility inventory.
- Perform counts and checks of inventory when requested.
- Investigate inventory discrepancies and resolve per procedures.
- Insure procedural compliance within the department QIC
- Insure procedure compliance with all EH&S requirements. Support the facility Environmental, Health & Safety programs.
- Maintain bin, hand-stack and pallet location in good state of housekeeping and adhere to product storage policies
- Other assigned duties by the Manager or other management team member including departmental and facility cross training.
- High school diploma required & or some college OR degree preferred
- 1-2 years related Supervisory experience in related position or field preferred
- Strong communication skills verbal and written
- Leadership skills are a must
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
- PRE - EMPLOYMENT: All candidates that are offered a position must successfully complete & pass a background check (including driver’s license & driving record) and a hair follicle drug test ( hair is cut tested back 90 days for illegal drugs) test must be cleared prior to starting full time employment.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.