Schedule: Sunday through Thursday night shift, flexibility to work some weekends and holidays
What Warehouse Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Warehouse Operations is responsible for performing/controlling a combination of manual or automated tasks necessary for the receipt, storage, and shipment of product. This may include functions of receiving, picking, packing, shipping, staging, transporting, storage, delivery, etc. Also responsible for the efficient flow of products from the point of product receipt from vendors to the shipment of products (via prescribed service parameters) to a variety of internal and external customers.
- High school diploma required; degree strongly preferred
- 1-2 years of related leadership experience
- Lean 6 Sigma experience
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
- Monitor productivity, adhere to budgetary guidelines, and work to meet Distribution Center objectives and operational goals while maintaining standards pertaining to quality.
- Responsible for the daily scheduling of the work force to insure proper staffing to select, replenish, pick, locate and ship merchandise in a productive and cost efficient manner.
- Hold staff accountable for conducting work in a safe manner, ensure that warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment to perform distribution functions and provide support for a culture that strives toward continuous improvement in Environmental, Health and Safety.
- Recommend and implement programs, policies, and strategies to increase production and efficient space utilization.
- Ensure quality service is provided to the customers and ensures prompt follow-through on customer correspondence, complaints and inquiries related to shipment of merchandise and stock-on-hand; Develops and implement modifications and innovations to improve the quality of service to our customers.
- Adhere to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and division goals.
- Responsible for employee development, which includes training, coaching, counseling and performance appraisals.
- Maintains general responsibility for disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; insures a productive work climate in the warehouse operation.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions and services; manage monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Prepares ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Ensures that accurate attendance/PTO records and scheduling are maintained.
- Responsible for Cardinal Health compliance and regulations concerning OSHA, DEA, FDA, State and local authorities; primary facility contact for QRA compliance and initiatives.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.