Ardagh Group is a global leader in glass and metal packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world’s leading food, beverage, and consumer care brands. Ardagh Group has a truly global presence. We operate 100+ metal and glass production facilities in 22 countries, employing approximately 23,000+ people and have global sales of more than $9bn.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people. We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated. We are creating an exciting future for Ardagh that is built on our core values of trust, teamwork and excellence and we have opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines across our organisation.
Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of hourly skilled maintenance and general labor employees. Supervise the glass container lines while effectively maximizing the utilization of equipment through a sound preventative maintenance program.
- Develop and maintain a constant safety environment and provide necessary training updates while striving for zero accidents and complying with OSHA standards.
- Organize and coordinate the maintenance breakdowns of all equipment within assigned responsibility including maintaining a necessary inventory of replacement parts.
- Provide regular training of personnel as needed to maintain new and existing equipment and ensure good GMP Principles are followed.
- Develop and implement process controls to provide continuous improvement.
- Establish and maintain positive team relations with employees, other departments customers, and the Union.
- Maintain administrative records in a timely fashion necessary to comply with job requirements such as manning scheduling maintenance activities attendance grievance documentation and capital projects.
- Comply with Environmental and Food Safety standards as set forth in plant policies/programs within Department responsibilities.
- A minimum of an associate s degree in electronics electrical mechanical or related discipline is preferred.
- A minimum of five 5 years maintenance supervision in the manufacturing environment.
- Will consider extensive experience as an alternative to education including experience with electronics electrical and mechanical maintenance.
- Must have basic skills with Microsoft Office: Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent and effective problem-solving listening written and verbal communication skills needed as well as exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
Our Vision and Values
The people that make up Ardagh Group share much more than a strong brand and an excellent reputation. We each share a common vision: to be the preferred packaging partner to the world’s leading brands. We will achieve our vision by delivering customer innovation, providing an inspirational environment for our people and creating sustainable value for our business through its growth and development.
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.