Supervisor Patient Services - Hackensack, NJ
Schedule: Monday-Friday Day Shift
** Sign On Bonus Available **
Oversee functions of Patient Services that may include Mobile Phlebotomy, In Office Phlebotomy and Patient Service Centers. The Supervisor will have responsibility for all activities of the function including but not limited to, training of all personnel, all daily operations and staffing of PSCs. Ensure maintenance of a safe, professional environment in all facilities supervised.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for daily operations of all assigned facilities, PSCs, mobile and in-office phlebotomy.
• Implements SOPs for phlebotomy services in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
• Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State & local licensure requirements are met, working with the QA and Medical Director's offices.
• Ensures all Laboratory testing QA/QC documentation is complete and reviewed as required.
• Oversees safety, maintenance, and cleanliness of facilities (including upgrades, repairs, etc.)
• Performs site visits at all assigned PSCs/ IOPs and mobile phlebotomy sites and document findings. Performs QA audits. Site visits scheduled appropriately to provide adequate supervision.
• Relocate/open/close PSCs, IOPs and RRLs.
• Oversees inventory process for supervised facilities.
• Participates in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees.
• Responsible for training, coaching, supervision and development of staff.
• Monitors on-going performance of employees; provides corrective action and counseling as required. Performs mid-year and annual performance appraisals.
• Holds regularly scheduled meetings for dissemination of all information to staff.
• Ensures all employees meet requirements for driving on company business.
• Tracks/enters time/attendance of employees.
• Prepares schedules with minimal overtime for employees and floaters. Maintains adequate coverage for all facilities.
• Prepares month-end reports.
• May perform training and onboarding of new Clients.
• Investigates/resolves and responds to customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
• Responsible to ensure Quest improvement and/or standardization initiatives are implemented.
• Assists in preparation of annual budget for areas of responsibility. Maintain budget control throughout the year in areas of responsibility.
• Supervisor participates to assure fiscal responsibilities of the department are met. This includes implementation of cost containment programs, management of overtime, and participation in standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital expenditures.
• Participates on process improvement teams, or other initiatives to meet management objectives.
• Organizes and leads projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups. May be required to give presentations and speak in groups.
• Demonstrates and lives the Values of Quest Diagnostics.
• All other duties as assigned, within scope of the position.
Direct Supervision of 5 or more people
Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of progressive leadership experience required.
Customer service in a retail or service environment preferred.
Phlebotomy certification preferred. Required in California.
2+ years prior supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership experience
5+ years’ experience in phlebotomy, laboratory or other healthcare environment
Physical and Mental:
Extensive use of phone and PC
Fine dexterity with hands/steadiness
Able to lift up to 25 pounds; may occasionally need to lift 40 pounds; carrying up to 15 pounds for several minutes at a time
Vision-requires constant mental visual attention to details.
Must be flexible and available based on staffing requirements; weekends, holidays, on call and overtime.
Must have valid driver license and clean driving record.
Demonstrates good organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of patients and employees in a professional manner.
Capable of handling multiple priorities in a high volume setting.
Proficient PC skills including experience using MS Office applications.
Must be able to make decisions based on established procedures and exercise consistent, independent, sound judgment.
Must be able to manage individuals in multiple geographies/locations
Position requires travel.