This position is an integral part of the Compliance team which supports our suppliers ensuring they meet food safety and
quality standards requirements. This position is responsible for shepherding the supplier through the onboarding process
beginning with the invite process, following them through the compliance approval process, the business compliance approval
process and initiating the item set up process. This position is responsible for representing the company to our suppliers to assist them
with all onboarding activities. The team member communicates directly with suppliers over the phone, email or system
notifications to walk them through the process, answer any questions about the program, provide guidance in how to use the
software and troubleshoot any issues that may be presented. This position is the liaisons to internal teams to answer
questions regarding the supplier's progress and escalate non-compliant suppliers.
Major Job Responsibilities:
* Communicate directly with suppliers to explain supplier onboarding process and assist with compliant related activities
* Ability to explain complex software processes to non-technical audiences.
* Report progress daily.
* Escalate any issues or non-responsive suppliers.
* Trouble shoot issues and provide feedback on the process.
* Handle intake of new requests f rom all merchandising teams to bring on new suppliers and new items.
* Send invitations to new suppliers and welcome packets for FoodLogiQ.
* Provide support for all suppliers as they are onboarded into the process .
* Input supplier data into business compliance software applications.
* Input supplier data into downstream item set up applications.
* Oversee supplier onboarding process throughout end to end process.
* Applies Company- and function-specific procedures, processes, and technologies to accomplish projects and tasks;
applies knowledge and specialized skill to decide how to build, implement, and deliver on assigned goals.
* Learns and follows best practices.
* Participates and offers ideas and opinions as an active team member, accepting guidance as required.
* Uses innovative solutions to enhance personal work and, where applicable, the work of the team.
* Seeks advice when addressing complex or unusual problems.
* Proactively engages with customers, internally and externally, to understand objectives and issues.
* Troubleshoots and recommends solutions to problems of moderate scope and complexity.
* Reviews basic compliance information to ensure suppliers, products, and locations are consistent with
Must Haves (Knowledge and Skills):
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and 2-4 years relevant functional experience.
* Experience in providing excellent customer service to an audience that will have a wide range of technical abilities.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Moderate to high degree of technical aptitude; understand functional technical problems and concepts and apply to
system functionality for resolutions.
* Meticulous attention to detail.
* Able to handle confidential information.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
* Proficient in the use of the FoodLogiQ software application.
* Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
* Working knowledge of food labeling and FDA / USDA regulations
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.