Manages the quality performance of the supply base for responsible business. Works with local Regional Commodity Leaders and business leadership to establish strategic and comprehensive quality plans which are aligned with business objectives. Responsible for providing leadership in all aspects of quality including source selection, flawless launch, performance improvement and issues resolution. Manages policy and procedure implementation, ensuring full deployment and compliance. Develops strategic quality objectives for the responsible businesses and reports monthly to key business stakeholders on supplier quality performance. Hires, develops and coaches staff to ensure effective operation and function. Establishes clear accountabilities and performance expectations for direct reports.
Role & Responsibility
- Assimilates business objectives by defining supplier quality strategies which meet or exceed high level objectives
- Determines staffing needs and manages direct reports day-to-day activities to ensure that work being done is aligned to business priority
- Builds functional excellence and organizational capability by developing commodity/process expertise, through development planning that supports business needs
- Drives standardization and deployment of Doosan Global Sourcing System (DGSS) policies, procedures and tools within the business. Conducts training functionally or cross-functionally as required
- Works with Global/Regional Commodity Managers and NPD functions to ensure supplier sourcing, launch and on-going, performance meet defined targets and overall business needs
- Monitors supplier scorecard quality metrics (PPM, OTD, COPQ, Severity, Productivity, & Responsiveness) addressing performance gaps through defined strategies and recovery plans
- Supports Product Quality Teams (PQT) to identify and resolve customer warranty
- Manages Supplier Part\Process Change Request (SPCR)
- Leads external reviews related to quality performance at strategic and/or underperforming supplier
- Establishes and maintains key relationships with other functions in Supply Chain, Operations and Engineering
- Travels to supplier locations in response to a supplier related quality issues, providing technical leadership and communication back to the Enterprise and Sector businesses
- Technical degree in engineering discipline
- 7-10 years manufacturing experience in ME, Quality, Operations
- Previous experience managing people
- CMQ/OE certified or equivalent body of knowledge
- Working knowledge of industry tools (PPAP, APQP, MSA, PFMEA)
- Six Sigma Green Belt certified - certified Black Belt is preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels within the company
- Ability to work cross-functionally
- Demonstrated knowledge of CI and Problem-Solving tools
- Speaks English as a primary/secondary language
- Demonstrated Functional Competencies In:
- Quality Leadership
- Product and Process Quality Planning
- Analytical/Statistical Tools and Methods
- Inspection and Testing
- Lean Manufacturing
Travel Standard: 30 - 50%
Doosan Bobcat is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we will not provide sponsorship or support for any immigration status for this position.
Doosan Bobcat, a leading global manufacturer of construction, agriculture and landscaping equipment, attachments and services, is committed to empowering people to accomplish more.
As a part of the Doosan Group, which employs more than 43,000 people in 38 countries worldwide, the company offers its customers products and solutions to help build stronger businesses and communities. Based in Seoul, South Korea, with its North America headquarters in West Fargo, North Dakota, Doosan Bobcat is home to world-renowned brands. This includes: Bobcat® compact equipment; Doosan Portable Power products; BOB-CAT Mowers; Ryan and Steiner grounds care equipment; and Geith attachments.
At Doosan Bobcat, our success is powered by our people. Through our winning culture and one global team working together, we deliver the best products and service to our customers – and make the world a better place. Join our team today and start building your career with a worldwide leader.
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 701-241-8700. Doosan is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans.
Beware of Fraudulent Job Offers and Solicitations
Any legitimate job offer will be preceded by an official selection process.