Title: Supplier Quality Engineer - RF and Electrical Commodities
Location: Fremont, CA
Duration: On-going Contract
Under minimal supervision, performs complex assignments to develop, apply, and maintain quality requirements for incoming materials including AC Power Systems, RF subassemblies and Electronic Subassemblies, and other major electronics commodity categories.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sustains the production line through the implementation of established procedures internally and at suppliers.
- Performs moderately complex analytical measurements and experiments to resolve product and process issues.
- Collects and analyzes data for trends using moderately complex quality tools and techniques and takes corrective action on the results.
- Works on NCMRs and other tasks related to the dispositioning and corrective action of non-conforming material.
- Assists team members on yield and scrap improvement projects by taking responsibility for action items related to the project.
- Supports Customer Account Managers on quality issues affecting customers.
- Attends and participates in meetings regarding New Product Introduction and Design for Manufacturability, and is responsible to deliver on-time, the quality deliverables as stated in the Engineering Design Process.
- Develops reports related to supplier quality and process control, utilizing available software applications, and takes improvement actions on the results.
- Coordination of meetings to formulate methodologies for root cause analysis. Implements statistical methods to isolate problems and resolve them.
- Reviews supporting manufacturing and procurement documentation to ensure it contains the necessary criteria and provisions to permit effective inspection and testing of products and materials to meet specified requirements.
- Takes corrective action on procedural, product, or process deficiencies internally and at Suppliers.
- Analyzes reports on rejected supplier material and implements corrective actions as appropriate.
- Participates in Supplier selection. Performs supplier qualification, supplier quality system audits, and supplier process audits.
- Participates in the development of Supplier Quality Management systems and procedures.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills that clearly convey information and ideas. Ability to communicate in such a way to influence peers and management, as well as communicate well cross-functionally in a professional manner.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software programs, to a level of professional proficiency. Able to produce professional Engineering reports including introductions, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Ability to analyze and resolve technical problems of a complex nature quickly and independently.
- Strong knowledge of inspection methods in the design, fabrication, and production of electronic or electro-mechanical equipment.
- Ability to use and navigate quality analysis software programs for the analysis of raw attribute and variable data.
- Strong knowledge of Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Quality Management systems.
- Ability to use and navigate documentation control systems, PLM, and MRP systems. This includes change generation and justification to the change control board as applicable.
- Working knowledge of purchasing material manufacturing processes and standards including AC Power systems, RF subassemblies and Electronic Subassemblies PCBA, Cable Assembly
- Strong knowledge of ISO requirements.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and achieve completion milestones as set by upper management.
- Strong knowledge of IPC-610 and IPC-620 standards.
- Strong knowledge and application of problem-solving techniques such as 8D, FMEA, cause and effect, and brainstorming.
- Working knowledge of Quality Function Deployment.
- Demonstrated ability and history of innovative Quality techniques i.e. Six Sigma, DFM, DFR.
- Working knowledge of Statistics, SPC and Six Sigma, and other quality control techniques (i.e. DFM, DFR, DFT, TCOO, etc), and to interpret, plan and react to statistical data analysis.
- Working knowledge and application of supplier selection processes. Performs supplier qualification, supplier quality system audits, and supplier process audits.
- Ability to participate in meetings or lead meetings as needed to find solutions to complex supplier or process quality problems.
- Ability to write clear, concise, complex, and professional detailed reports on the results of complex projects. Ability to present results of projects or corrective actions in a meeting atmosphere.
- Ability to contribute to the development of training materials.
- BSEE and 5+ years of related experience, preferably in RF or Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing.
- Alternatively, a Technical Certificate with 8+ years of related experience, preferably in RF or Semiconductor Equipment Manufacturing
- Quality Engineering Certificate (ASQ/CQE) is a plus
- Six Sigma Green Belt is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.