Acara Solutions (formerly Superior Group) is helping our national client in Burbank, CA find a supplier quality engineer to join their organization as a direct salaried employee.
The Quality Engineer IV is a top contributor who works with minimal supervision and uses originality, ingenuity and established procedures to control and monitor quality, ensuring products are consistent with industry standards, government regulations, and customer requirements.
- Supplier Quality Engineer - needs to be independent. Advise the team and help out a bit.
- Interacting with the buyers and the production quality engineers a lot
- Externally with the suppliers and fair amount of travel, up to 25%
- MRP dispositions for supplier provided materials
- Inspection, questions on material rejection and supplier issues
- QC Manager interaction
- Involved with VSM on questions of issues or supplier part problems on the production floor
- Experience in machining, casting, all things metal, injection moldWork cross-functionally with Engineering, Operations, Suppliers and CustomersProvide consultation on complex projects; Recommend changes in proceduresCollect and analyze production data to evaluate product qualityDrive root cause analysis and recommends corrective actionsStop production if serious product defects are presentMonitor quality control systems to ensure effectiveness and efficiencyInstruct others in quality control and analytical proceduresProduce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, root cause analyses, or quality trendsReview statistical studies, regulatory standards and trends in the field of quality controlIdentify critical points in the Value Stream and specify sampling proceduresDrive qualification of product and process changes to ensure only the highest levels of quality are acceptedSupport audits with Defense, Aerospace and Customer AuditorsProvide support for failure analysis and reliability testing as requiredReview and approve quality document changes - Engineering Change Orders (ECOs), Manufacturing Change Orders (MCOs), deviationsUtilize a roadmap of continuous improvement for the organization by establishing priorities, methods and strategies for implementation using data to both guide the process as well as monitor the result
Required Skills / Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in Quality, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Min 7 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in an Aerospace environment or similar manufacturing setting
- Min 3 years of experience as a supplier quality engineer
- Min 5 years of experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Min 2 years of experience in a metal machine shop
- Eligibility Requirement: FAA sensitive position - may be subject to a Government security investigation to verify eligibility for access to classified information
- This is an ITAR facility so must be a US Person (Green Card ok)
U.S. Persons required due to ITAR
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
- Proficiency in Lean Principles and Implementation Tools
- Educational background in Structured Problem Solving, 5S, Mistake-Proofing and process capability tools
- Familiarity with Minitab
- ASQC Quality Engineer Certification
Go Beyond. www.superiorjobs.com
EEO Employer - Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.