Supply Analyst- Chantilly, Virginia - 8am - 4:30pm
Develop and manage replenishment strategy for assigned laboratory departments or managed labs.
Job Accountabilities (Duties and Responsibilities)
- Develops replenishment strategies for all assigned departments to establish proper inventory levels safety stock levels, replenishment frequency, minimize supply disruption risk and the coordinate product/items transitions.
- Act as the primary focus point for assigned laboratory departments to address day-to-day operational supply needs
- Interface with regularly with department directors/managers/supervisors to develop appropriate stocking parameters that balance inventory levels, in-bound freight costs supply disruption risk and laboratory validation and qualification testing cost
- Assure daily replenishment orders are properly structured and released timely.
- Coordinate physical inventory process maintaining corporate schedule for required counts for region/laboratory, including cycle counts as required to maintain database integrity and assure inventory accuracy
- Develop reports to monitor supply costs and identify opportunities for supply cost improvement
- Working with laboratory testing departments on monitoring and improving supply utilization levels
- Responsible for management of inventory systems to assure proper configuration and timely updates of databases associated with item and facility changes
- Monitor and manage open orders, backorders and Match Exceptions in conjunction with the Purchasing Operations Center (POC) and Corporate Materials Management and Category Managers to ensure material availability and timely receipt of supplies
- Management of New Item Request (NIR) and New Vendor Request (NVR) process and item standardization policies as required
- Daily Coordination with Lean replenishment team members to assure proper flow of supplies to laboratory floor
- Perform other duties as required.
- BA/BS degree, Supply Chain Management degree.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience in Materials, Warehousing, Purchasing, Supply Chain Management, Operations or equivalent
- Strong working knowledge of Supply Chain and Inventory Management principles
- Able to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong Communication skills
- Problem Solving skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Proficient with Excel and able to manipulate complex data sets
- Experience with ERP and Inventory Management Systems