College Intern – Spring / Summer 2022 Start (Part - Time – Supply Chain – Mebane, NC)
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Distribution Solutions are a global leader in power distribution solutions, delivering pioneering low and medium-voltage innovations and services. We care about your tomorrow, providing solutions for a smarter, safer, environmentally friendly and more reliable flow and distribution of electricity.
The role reports to the Procurement & Logistics Team Lead and is located in Mebane, North Carolina.
In Mebane, NC, ABB has invested ~$40 million in a new 200,000-square-foot facility, modern manufacturing equipment and enhancements in the original building. Starting in 2021, ABB will continue developing this “factory of the future” by incorporating automated and digitally enabled workflows using robotics, electric vehicles and cloud analytics. ABB Mebane offers a vertically integrated experience as R&D, production, fabrication, final assembly, quality, inspections, testing and our Customer Experience Center are in one location.
- Support process improvement teams.
- Supports cycle counting and/or year-end inventory counting. Conducts root case analysis when necessary.
- Analyses excess and obsolete/aging inventory.
- Oversees supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time).
- Gathers and interprets relevant data (cost, quality, demand patterns, etc.) and provides analytical support e.g. site inventory and material stock out analysis and trends, material availability reports.
- Develops and communicates periodic trend and performance reports on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues, and the business.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, in particular on Microsoft Excel.
- Be creative, innovative and digitally smart.
- Ownership and problem solving attitude.
- Strong organization skills and proven ability to work with/within cross-functional teams.
- Good communication skills.
- GPA 3.0+.
- Currently enrolled in a degree program in the US.
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
ABB in the United States requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or in specific and limited circumstances, be approved for a sincerely held religious belief or a medical/disability accommodation.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.