- Plan and direct all resources and activities associated with production scheduling and planning, supply chain management, and material logistics to achieve required business results. Forecast intra-company procurement needs in coordination with production planning, utilizing the appropriate material requirements planning systems/programs and lean practices.
- Manage Value Streams along with operations to ensure material availability and order placement, identification and management of outside service providers, logistics coordination, and on-time starts. Monitor, measure, and address gaps with applicable organizations to achieve Divisional goals and 100% on time delivery to the end customer
- Provide effective Supplier Management to ensure a consistent flow of supplier to meet customer demand.
- Resolve daily procurement and inventory control issues in coordination with Engineering, Operations and Sales.
- Drive requirements pertaining to quality, quantity, delivery and service required for Operational Excellence.
- Develop and lead an engaged and motivated Materials organization through the employment of highly skilled Supply Chain professionals, employee development, training plans, and effective and timely performance assessments.
- Achieve cost reduction goals.
- Support the Proposal Process by leading the Sourcing Strategy for all customer proposal activity.
- Responsible for managing supply chain costs, terms and conditions risk, contract flow down in support of contract award and subsequent New Product Introduction (NPI) Management.
- Negotiate Supplier contracts with an emphasis on cost reduction and identifying opportunities for aggregating spend and leveraging a collective purchasing power across Barnes Aerospace and Barnes Group.
- Manage critical inventory processes such as cycle counting, planning parameters, capacity analysis and demand planning processes.
- Other related duties and projects as assigned
- Five to ten years of related Supply Chain Management leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Defense contract experience, a plus.
- Demonstrated progressive career development with increasing responsibilities, with an emphasis in manufacturing.
- Demonstrated knowledge of production flow, planning and inventory management, and documentation procedures.
- Demonstrated business and financial acumen.
- Strategic sourcing experience
- Demonstrated experience in leading and setting direction for teams, including motivating, influencing and driving change at all levels of the organization
- Excellent growth leadership skills demonstrating clear global perspective and understanding of factors impacting the business and our suppliers
- Ability to organize time effectively to satisfactorily complete assigned tasks and functions. This includes planning of workflow and meetings.
- Excellent computer skills with an emphasis in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively negotiate contracts and ability to meet deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Bachelor degree in appropriate Business or Technical discipline is required.
- APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification is a plus.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)