As a Supply Chain Planner your primary responsibility is to provide an overall plan that drives seamless operations execution. You will work closely with the Sales team to understand and rationalize customer demand; and with Supply Chain, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing teams to secure resources and capacities that guarantee delivery to committed lead times. You will be responsible to analyze medium- and long-term demand signals, identify bottlenecks and justify capacity investment opportunities that support the company's long-term growth objectives. This position also requires you to supports tactical planning for New Product Introduction (NPI) and R&D activities.
This role reports directly to the Planning Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate and monitor the release of work orders to support both internal and external demand while efficiently utilizing materials and capacity.
- Manage Materials Resource Planning (MRP) to ensure timely availability of materials as well as lot size efficiencies.
- Provide ship date information to management as required.
- Identify material issues impacting product schedules.
- Prepare reports to communicate sales order status, production issues, and inventory analysis.
- Take the lead with Procurement, Logistics, Quality and Engineering teams to ensure Engineering changes and new product releases are communicated and managed appropriately.
- Process all orders and demand changes in MRP. Communicate impacts to the business plan to the Planning Manager, Supply Chain, Scheduling and Management as needed.
- Supports Sales and Marketing, Quality and Operations teams in communicating and reconciling customer issues.
- Monitors, analyze and reports delivery schedules and highlight any issues in a timely manner. Take the lead to drive resolution and recovery plans.
- Provide support and direction as needed to the Production Supervisor for all WIP orders to ensure product is complete and/or shipped per schedule.
- Provide priorities for procurement on critical shortages impeding on time material availability and kit drop. Escalate to cross functional and management as needed.
- Complete New Product Introduction (NPI) requirements. Review bill of material structure and suggest needed changes to Engineering determined to ensure optimal flow of material for production build.
- Foster a culture of empowerment, collaboration, trust and respect for all.
- Minimum B.S degree in supply chain management, business, Engineering or equivalent; and
- At least 5 years' experience in an IC manufacturing environment with 3+ years in a production planning role. Experience with planning electromechanical assemblies (hybrid, surface mount, connectorized modules) is highly preferred.
- Thorough understanding of IC production and assembly operations with demonstrated capability in production planning, material planning and scheduling.
- Proven experience using an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system and other resources to effectively prioritize production, optimize material purchases and inventory for production. Experience with Sage ERP is a plus.
- Highly proficient in a Windows environment and with a recent version of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Highly motivated and results-oriented, capable of driving progress, solving problems, and achieving objectives in a demanding environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments as needed.
- Skilled at data analysis (queries, data manipulation, statistics, trending).
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from management, peers, and customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and make hiring decisions based on merit. Recruitment, hiring, training, and job assignments are made without regard to race, color, national origin, age, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, or any other protected classification. We consider all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.