Responsible for daily operational communication and process control related to the medical surgical Supply Chain between CHRISTUS St. Michael Facility and Procurement Center. Ability to make decisions and follows written instructions with a high degree of accuracy. Computer skills and familiarity with automated supply systems are required. Must be able to read and interpret computer reports and listings. Must have good communication skills and arithmetic ability. Excellent customer service skills. Must be a self-starter. Must respect confidentiality of information contained in contracts, price lists, and bids. Must be able to relate to vendor representatives in a business-like way that instills confidence.
- Knowledge or background in Purchasing/Procurement
- Proven familiarity with health care/hospital medical/surgical supplies
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor degree preferred, experience in an applicable field.