Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Supervisor, Quality Control, is responsible for managing and providing supervision to the Quality Control Analytical Laboratory, which provides testing support in the area of raw material, finished bulk and product release testing.
2nd Shift M-F 11am -7:30pm
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising resources to ensure that the work performed by the QC laboratory personnel is accurate, timely, efficient and compliant with company policies, safety, quality SOPs, cGMP, GLP regulation and FDA regulation.
- Ensuring that all laboratory personnel use the proper specifications or an associated compendial monograph.
- Distribute work assignments and ensure on time completion and release of raw materials, bulk and third party products.
- Ensure raw material, in-process, bulk product, and finished product testing is scheduled efficiently and in support of production scheduling.
- Ensure that products are released or rejected as appropriate.
- Anticipate problem areas and resolve issues before they impact compliance, product quality, and availability.
- Work with management to streamline operations to ensure that the department operates efficiently.
- Work with the staff for investigating all Out of Specification (OOS) results and properly documenting them.
- Provide technical support for Manufacturing, Quality Assurance and R&D (as applicable) on questionable batches and results.
- Provide regular reports to management regarding products presently in the laboratory along with their testing status and planned completion date.
- Work with peers in developing and implement laboratory documents (SOPs, Specifications, Protocols, Reports, etc.).
- Train chemists as necessary.