The Nature's Bounty Co. is a privately held, global leader in health and wellness with a rich history and proven track record in the nutritional market. As a manufacturer, marketer and online seller of vitamins, dietary supplements, minerals, herbals, protein bars and powders, and ethical beauty products, our purpose is to create a happier, healthier world using the power of science and nature. The brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world including Nature's Bounty®, Pure Protein®, Solgar®, Osteo Bi-Flex®, Sundown®, Body Fortress®, MET-Rx® and Ester-C®.
Inclusion and Diversity in the workplace matters at The Nature’s Bounty Co. This includes being focused on retaining and recruiting a diverse workforce and building a culture of inclusivity. Our goal is to create a place where people feel respected, valued and able to bring their authentic selves to work each day.
Did we mention that we also offer excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture? If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Sanitation Supervisor is responsible for providing supervision to all three shifts of sanitation associates, monitoring productivity, providing training, coaching and motivating associates. You will also be responsible for adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect, assuring the safety, quality and quantity of product produced.
Essential Functions/ Job Duties:
- Coordinate all plant sanitation functions to ensure compliance with product safety, quality, safety, regulatory requirements, and cGMP
- Supervises, counsels and coaches associates on a regular basis resulting in safe, efficient operations
- Coordinate manufacturing support for sanitation activities
- Maintain all sanitation records and logs
- Personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs and cGMPs guidelines
- Ensures all associates receive proper training, such as GMP, SOP, Sanitation SOP, safety, chemical control and sanitation operations
- Process time cards, manage time-off requests, ensures associate coverage per business needs for department associates
- Assist in the recruitment and training of new associates
- Manage cleaning and sanitation chemicals including inventory, concentration verification's, proper usage and ordering. Serve as the primary contact with the chemical supplier for establishing and maintaining the proper chemicals and usage of cleaning agent
- Manage chemical approval process for new chemicals
- In cooperation with Quality develop, implement and maintain MSS, SOPs and Sanitary Preventive Maintenance Schedules
- Follow up on completion of sanitation-related issues found during internal and external inspections
Monitor compliance with GMPs
- Participate as a member of HACCP team and ensure that sanitation issues in regards to HACCP are in compliance
- Manage sanitation verification program
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Supports 3rd Party Certification Audits and all Regulatory audits.
- Manage all cleaning utensil (e.g., rags, brushes, scrapers, etc.) inventories, budget spending on utensils, and safe chemical handling equipment (e.g., gloves, boots, face shields, aprons, etc.)