Supv Cytology Prep - West Hills, CA - Monday-Friday
Look for more than answers. Patients and Physicians rely on our diagnostic testing, information and services to help them make better healthcare decisions. These are often serious decisions with far reaching consequences, and require sensitivity, tact and a clear dedication to service. It’s about providing clarity and hope.
As a Lab Technician you will work for the world leader in the industry, with a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge. You’ll have a role where you can act with professionalism, you can inspire colleagues, and you can care about the work we do and the people we serve.
At Quest, Lab Technicians play an essential role in our success and in the services we provide. As a career, we offer a unique opportunity to develop your career with the #1 Diagnostic Lab in the US. We are tech driven, and we’re creating the lab of the future – an environment where you can deliver cutting edge diagnostics and help us drive new discoveries and breakthroughs.
Supervise functions within Cytology Processing department, which may include one or more of the following: Cytology Processing, Test in Question/Problem Resolution and Vendor contact. Responsible for overseeing the following activities, daily operations of Cytology Processing, all compliance training, training of personnel, monitoring Quality of the department(s), monitor and improve productivity. Ensure maintenance of a safe, ergonomically sound, professional environment. Know and understand all functions of the department.
- Responsible for daily operations of department.
- May have responsibility for Test In Question and some Client Service functions
- Oversee safety, ergonomics, maintenance, and cleanliness of department (including upgrades, repairs, etc.)
- Develop and implement Standard Operating Procedures for Cytology Processing in accordance with Quest Diagnostics guidelines.
- Reviews Cytology Processing Standard Operating Procedure Manual on an annual basis and ensures departmental compliance. Identifies need for revisions and/or additional SOP's as indicated.
- Where applicable, ensures all Federal, State & local licensure requirements are met, working with the QA and Medical Director's offices.
- Ensures all Cytology Prep QA/QC documentation is complete and reviewed as required.
- Ensure all Cytology Prep employees meet Compliance Guidelines and Competency Testing.
- Monitor incoming workflow from Specimen Processing and Logistics make necessary changes to ensure adequate supply of specimens to Cytology Prep department.
- May supervise packing and shipping of specimens to other laboratories, in accordance with regulations.
- Ensures integrity of specimens sent to other facilities meet the criteria necessary to provide accurate and timely results.
- Monitor special handling of Jeopardized Clients, Hospital Clients and Vital Specimens to ensure there are no mishandled specimen(s)/patient requisitions.
- Establish and motivate a participative work environment that actively encourages and supports employee involvement.
- Disseminate all essential information in a timely manner, using various forms of communication to all departmental staff.
- Track/enter time/attendance of employees.
- Prepare month-end reports.
- Investigates/resolves and responds in a timely manner to internal and external customer complaints appropriately and effectively.
- Prepares schedules for department employees, maintains adequate coverage for department
- Oversee and ensure adequate supply inventory for department.
- Ensure continuous process improvement and/or standardization initiatives are implemented in accordance with established deadlines.
- Participate in the interview, selection and hiring of new employees.
- Responsible for coaching, development and supervision of staff.
- Ensures all employees receive adequate training and meet annual competency requirements
- Monitor on-going performance of employees; provide corrective action and counseling as required. Prepare and administer annual performance appraisals
- Ensure fiscal responsibilities of the department are met. This includes implementation of cost containment programs, management of overtime, and participation in standardization initiatives and needs assessment for capital expenditures.
- Participate on Six Sigma projects and Process Improvement Teams, or other initiatives to meet business unit objectives.
- Organize and lead projects both within the work group and with cross-functional groups. Meet all deadlines assigned by manager. May be required to give presentations within business unit.
- Effectively work with Technical and Anatomic Pathology departments to resolve problems. Must have the interpersonal skills to gain cooperation with other departments, and foster continuous improvement.
- Communicate effectively with Pathologists to ensure protocols are being followed.
- Excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills; is able to manage concerns of clients, technical departments and employees in a professional manner
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to adjust schedule to meet business unit requirements, which may include extended hours.
- Must have the mental alertness and high energy required to appropriately perform job.
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, and interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Work effectively in fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Monitor and provide safe work environment, prepare incident reports and implement preventative measures
- Act in a professional manner at all times.
- Incumbent should possess the knowledge, skills and experience usually obtained by:
- AA degree or a combination of education and experience. 3 years’ experience in