As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a strong candidate to be part of a team responsible for the usability of the cross-application system utilized by Sinclair’s regional sports networks (RSNs). You will be responsible for designing, configuring, and operating solutions for networking and system administration across applications (including digital workflow, Network Management Control programming distribution, program scheduling, and workflow solutions).
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Responsible for developing, maintaining, and scaling Sinclair’s backend infrastructure
• Work closely with software engineers, product designers, product managers and quality engineers to turn requirements and design documents into scalable, elegant networking and system administration software applications
• Leads the development of highly innovative, large, complex solutions relating to public cloud hosting and management that meet specifications and significantly impact future developments
• Leads the development of specifications for major solutions development projects
• Conceives and sets the architectural direction for major cloud related solutions development projects
• Identifies major problems and opportunities and champions the development of innovative solutions
• Responsible for providing Upgrade Oversight to the application development team and executing platform upgrades
• Effectively interacts and interfaces with senior technical and executive resources
• Identify/recommend changes in requirements and analysis process with a strong continuous improvement mindset
• Develop and refine documentation standards, methodologies and sustainable processes
• Track operations and constantly look for ways to make things work better, faster, and smoother
• Collaborate on and adhere to coding standards, methodologies and sustainable processes
• Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent experience in Technical Operations or Systems Engineering
• 7+ years of Systems Architect experience
• Strong knowledge of major cloud providers (Microsoft, Amazon, & Google) capabilities
• Should have Infrastructure architecture & design experience
• Should have knowledge and experience of Azure DevOps/Terraform/Cloudformation/ Powershell/Chef/Ansible/GOLang/Container platforms
• Should have a Cloud architect certification including Azure Solutions Architect / AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional /AWS Certified DevOps Engineer – Professional/ And/ Or Azure DevOps Engineer Expert
• Experience with broadcast (linear and non-linear) platforms preferred
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience; experience in driving change in current SDLC with a strong continuous improvement mindset
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.