Responsible for the planning, development, implementation and measurement of growing new referral business and maintaining existing referral volumes for Tower Health facilities and services. This system role leads the execution of enhancing physician relationships and loyalty to grow the Tower Health brand, volume and market share across the service area. The position is also responsible for implementing a robust physician relationship management platform.
In support of the Tower Health strategic plan and in collaboration with the VP, Marketing and Corporate Communications and TH entity-specific senior leadership, develops and regularly updates the Tower Health physician outreach and sales strategies based on informed analytics, system and entity-specific growth goals, and internal stakeholder input.
Ensures that system and entity-specific physician outreach plans are aligned with the overall system goals and objectives. Works collaboratively across hospital-specific and Tower Health Marketing, Corporate Communications, Web Services and Physician Liaison teams to ensure alignment of messaging and minimize redundancies in physical market presence or messaging within and across service areas.
Leads the implementation of a Physician Relationship Management (PRM) platform to efficiently and effectively plan, target, monitor, and measure the success of outreach programs, referrals, and changes in referral patterns and leakage.
Develops and facilitates strategies that build rapport, trust, appreciation, and a spirit of collective value between physicians and leadership across Tower Health. Advises Tower Health and entity-specific senior leadership of physician relations matters.
Directs the development and implementation of programs specifically for physicians that promote and strengthen relationships across Tower Health.
Collaborates and builds strong relationships with Tower Health executive leadership, as well as service line administrative and physician leadership.
Identifies and nurtures opportunities to acquire physicians and/or physician practices to support the growth of Tower Health business goals and enhance system capabilities and expertise.
Collaborates with the Director of Corporate Communications and Public Relations to promote and elevate awareness of physician expertise, innovative medical procedures via internal and external communication channels.
Leads, develops and manages, a high functioning physician liaison sales team to ensure referral goals are met, referral leakage is minimized and physician relationships are successfully managed and enhanced.
Directs, and as needed, provides problem resolution, customer service support, and service recovery to physicians and/or physician practices.
Oversees the development and management of the system and entity-specific physician relations budget. Provides quarterly budget reports against budget.
Develops and maintains a system physician relations dashboard that accurately measures the effectiveness of annual plans against projections. Directs corrective strategies as needed.
Ensures that all projects are monitored and tracked via a comprehensive project management software system to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, healthcare administration, or a related field with an emphasis on marketing, or a sales related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree: Business Administration, healthcare administration
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience successfully managing and leading a physician liaison function and building relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. A minimum 5 years’ experience in a supervisory or management role.
- Required: Demonstrated strong business acumen, data analytic skills, change management skills, customer service and experience in physician relationship management (PRM) platforms.
- Required: Demonstrated excellent leadership, relationship development, teambuilding, interpersonal communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to work with a matrixed environment, shared leadership and cross-functional teams.
- Valid driver’s license and willingness to travel across Tower Health service area.