System Integration Test Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a System Integration Test Engineer, you are responsible for providing test engineering support during new product development, customer demonstrations, and mission critical validation programs.
Reporting to the Laboratory Team Leader.
- Lead and own test plan definition for new products with continuous feedback for new hardware revisions
- Lead and support firmware validation, new features definition, firmware regression, and firmware releases
- Lead UL/IEC regulatory test and customer demonstration programs
- Become the subject matter expert in system level testing on complex/specialized platforms
- Support debugging and fix hardware/firmware issues on complex, high power products and conduct failure mode analysis as needed
- Perform hardware and firmware integration of next generation power protection platforms
- Designing and implementing automated test infrastructure to fully capture UPS (Uninterruptable Power Source) and Distribution product performances
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with hardware and firmware during system bring up, safety and performance testing, and life cycle management activities
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering (or similar) required with minimum 2+ years of relevant work experience required
- 2+ years hands on power systems testing experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex product preferred
- AC connected power electronics control design/test background and production troubleshooting experience preferred
- Skilled with the use of a variety of hand and portable tools preferred
- Working knowledge of Object-oriented Programming, C and/or C++ a plus
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
More about us
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with products and solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent products and solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.