As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Recently, we strategically acquired 23 Regional Sports Networks (RSNs) and we are looking for team members to join us in integrating this new and important piece of our business that will expand our range of content across the country and extend our multi-platform expansion opportunities. We are looking for a strong candidate to be part of a team responsible for the usability of the Digital workflow system utilized by Sinclair’s regional sports networks (RSNs). You will be intimately involved in the product backlog, and champion Agile methodology (where applicable) to continually improve the application.
Operations, Collaboration & Partnerships
• Design, code, test, debug, document, and support applications consistent with established specifications and business requirements
• Work closely with other functions to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps
• Lead/facilitate requirements gathering sessions and properly interpret business needs and translate into functional requirements
• Validate that the recommended solution aligns with business goals and objectives
• Obtain approval of the complete requirement set and get a written sign-off on all the documents prepared for the project
• Support development, assign tasks and monitor the progress of the activities assigned to the development team
• Review test cases and assist the testing team in identifying testing scenarios
• Liaise with the testing team to ensure the functional and technical compatibility of the product with the requirements
• Ensure adherence to change management processes
• Support the presentation of interim and final solution to the business owners for approval and feedback
• Assist in the deployment of the solution in the UAT and Production environments
• Inspect and validate the installed and configured systems
• Work with training team and end-users to assist in the preparation of user manuals, technical handouts and operational manuals for the deployed solution
• Identify/recommend changes in requirements and analysis process with a strong continuous improvement mindset
• Develop and refine documentation standards, methodologies and sustainable processes
• Bachelor’s degree in IT discipline or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years of Systems Analyst experience
• Experience with broadcast (linear and non-linear) program Digital platforms preferred
• Experience reporting, regressing and reproducing software problems
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience; experience in driving change in current SDLC with a strong continuous improvement mindset
• Experience working as part of an Agile team preferred
• Experience leading requirements gathering sessions that achieve intended results
• Excellent technical writing skills with experience documenting and analyzing complex business rules/processes utilizing wireframes and data/process flow diagrams
• Solid experience querying and analyzing databases; experience working with relational databases
• Thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
• IIBA certification a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. In addition, we have affiliations with all of the major broadcast networks, own Tennis Channel, and several multicast networks including TBD and Comet. Our content is distributed over-the-air, on multi-video providers, and through our industry-leading digital media platforms. We also recently launched a free TV streaming service called STIRR. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team!
About the Team
The life-blood of our organization is our people. We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let’s talk.