The Systems Engineer I role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software, associated operating systems, and supporting infrastructure. The Systems Engineer I will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Manage the Resource Access Request Queue. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Create, Modify, and Delete user accounts according to the Resource Access Requests received within 4 business days of receipt.
(2) Collaborate with other Systems Administrators to accommodate completion of all requests in a timely manner.
(3) Ensure appropriate access to resources based on request approvals and security rules regarding access to previous department resources.
(4) Collaborate with the Security group for emergent and unusual requests.
APPLICATION MANAGEMENT :
Manage application updates as determined by IT application analysts, the vendor, or the user. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Analyze the appropriateness of application patches and updates as they pertain to the current environment and make appropriate suggestions.
(2) Install application updates or patches.
(3) Follow the appropriate test then prod methodology for installation of software and patches.
BACKUP VERIFICATION AND REMEDIATION:
Verification and remediation of backups for all systems managed by Systems Administration. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Verify system backups and document as per the Backup Verification and Remediation Policy.
(2) Remediate simple backup issues and document.
(3) Escalate unremediated backup issues to a Systems Administrator responsible for the system or collaborate with another Systems Administrator to remediate the issue.
Utilizes solid verbal and written communications to work with intra-departmental and inter-departmental users. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Communicate and collaborate with other IT groups for the purposes of the reviewing system requirements, coordinating rollouts, knowledge transfer, and troubleshooting as well as any other aspect of the system life cycle.
(2) Communicate with users to determine specific details about issue symptoms, resource access, and downtime status of resources when appropriate IMS liaison contact has been established or when the Systems Administrator deems it necessary.
(3) Communicate with the help desk to determine specific details about issue symptoms, resource access, and downtime status of resources when the Systems Administrator deems it necessary.
(4) Communicate to all of Systems Administration any server infrastructure, server, or application change that will affect standards or support.
(5) Communicate and coordinate troubleshooting steps with help desk, web development, workstation, mainframe, DBA, application support, and operations groups, users, and outside vendors when appropriate.
(6) Collaborate with Sr. Systems Administrators or Lead Systems Administrators regarding server infrastructure, server, application, and workstation irresolvable, environment and configuration conflicts to the Systems Administration Manager.
(7) Escalate server infrastructure, server, application, and workstation irresolvable, environment and configuration conflicts to the Systems
Creates and maintains thorough documentation. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Disaster recovery documentation is accounted for and created and maintained for each system.
(2) For all applications supported by Systems Administration, document recovery procedures, recurring maintenance tasks, limitations, and system owners including committee members, vendors, and key persons who maintain the system should be documented.
(3) Document resolutions for reoccurring problems so that other Systems Administrators can address issues quickly and effectively.
Support inter department and intra department users through knowledge transfer and troubleshooting. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Act as first and second level support for Systems Administration.
(2) Maintain immediate response to server or software issues that cause major system issues including but not limited to issues related to application accessibility and global system availability.
(3) Assist in Windows client management through the use of Active Directory policies and login scripts as well as automated remote installation technologies.
(4) Maintain and provide a test environment when possible for testing of new and upgraded applications.
(5) Able and willing to provide off hours on call support for server and workstation issues that require immediate attention.
Build and maintain assigned system servers. Lead Systems Administrators are typically assigned responsibility for clinical and enterprise systems. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Analyze specifications and propose server environment appropriately.
(2) Provision servers with appropriate configuration based on determination of the system analysis.
(3) Install operating system software and configure the appropriate components based on server standards. These include, but may not be limited to backup, antivirus, SNMP and monitoring software.
(4) Install or assist with vendor installations of supporting software required for proposed system solutions.
(5) Install operating system patches and updates as required by technical or vendor direction.
(6) Assure reasonable and appropriate user and file security is maintained.
(7) Monitor server resources and take appropriate actions to maintain proper functionality.
- Relevant experience in data center operations with racking, wiring, etc. (Preferred)
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Word