$2,000 within the first 30 days, $2,000 at 1 year and another $2,000 at 18 months.
Must maintain FTE of 0.6 or higher in a bonus eligible unit.
36/48, 6am-6pm, 6pm-6am, 9am-9pm, or/and 11am-11pm
Rotating 2-week schedule, every other weekend:
Week 1: Sunday/Wednesday/Thursday
Week 2: Monday/Tuesday/Friday/Saturday
The EMT, under the supervision of the EMS Supervisor/manager or EMS Director, is responsible for the pre-hospital care of patients requiring care as the result of illness/injury and is responsible for the direction of patient care at the basic life support level. The EMT delivers care based on patient needs appropriate for the neonate, infant, child, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. He/she demonstrates an interest in a patient centered approach to total pre-hospital care. Demonstrates cooperation, flexibility and resourcefulness when dealing with patients, visitors, physicians and other healthcare providers. The EMT shall be responsible for assisting with planning, supervising and evaluating the pre-hospital care of patients and for coordinating emergency medical care and transportation.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Relevant Experience
Certification and Licensure
- CPR Certification
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) 700, 800, 100 & 200 training obtained within 60 days of hire date
- Hazmat Awareness Training obtained within 60 days of hire date
- Current Valid Driver's License
- BLS Certification
- PA EMT Certification obtained within 90 days of hire date
- Emergency Medical Services Vehicle Operator Certification obtained within 90 days of hire date