Facility: AYA - CAMP ASPEN
Compensation Base: $35-40,000/Year
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position is responsible for preparing and implementing educational teaching plans according to the programs requirements for the student population. It also helps to develop a student’s personality and skills. The ultimate goal is to cultivate the students’ interest in education and be their dedicated ally in the process of learning and development.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares lesson plans according to the needs of the program.
- Presents lesson plans in a comprehensive manner and uses visual or audio means to help facilitate learning.
- Provides individualized instruction to students by promoting interactive learning.
- Creates and distributes educational content such as notes, summaries or assignments to supplement the student’s learning ability.
- Assesses and records students’ progress and provides grades and feedbacks
- Maintains a tidy and orderly classroom.
- Collaborates with other teachers, parents and stakeholders and participates in regular meetings.
- Plans and executes educational in-class and outdoor activities and events.
- Observes and understands students’ behavior and psyche and reports suspicions of behaviors such as neglect or abuse.
- Develops and enriches professional skills and knowledge by attending seminars or conferences.
- Knows and demonstrates special educational law or regulations as applying to the paperwork needed to carry a caseload.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of crisis intervention techniques and skills.