Facility: ABRAXAS I
Compensation Base: $12.00-18.51/hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
Participates in the holistic treatment of residents by assisting teachers in helping students learn subject matter and skills that will lead them toward the fulfillment of their potential for intellectual, emotional and psychological growth and maturation.
- Conducts P.M. Homeroom meetings.
- Provides positive reinforcement and confronts inappropriate behavior.
- Serves as a role model for students.
- Interacts meaningfully with students and intervenes appropriately.
- Assists teachers in structuring classroom activities.
- Observes student behavior.
- Manages student movement.
- Assists Teachers in Implementing Effective Classroom Management and Instructional Strategies/Supervision
- Evaluates students’ progress and performance.
- Supervises field trips.
- Monitors pre-GED testing.
- Manages the home-bound instruction process.
- Prepares learning materials for teacher use in the classroom.
- Supports the Comprehensive Educational Plan as developed by the Assessment Unit.
- Manages an educational caseload, setting short-term goals for caseload.
- Completes weekly educational progress notes on caseload students.
- Completes a quarterly educational review on caseload students.
- Assists students in meeting treatment goals.
- Monitors student lunch program.
- Completes daily School Breakfast/Lunch headcount.
- Supervises GED workers.
- Monitors gym equipment for damage and cleans gym, health room, etc.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.