Facility: DELANEY HALL
Compensation Base: 20.00
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position works independently to provide education to the residents based on their needs. It prepares students for GED exams and assists them in completing college and financial aid applications. Assists Education students to elevate their basic skills in reading. Oversees the learning programs, testing and skill building.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies current level of education of each student and trains in GED (General Equivalency Diploma) writing and computer skills.
- Designs and develops curriculum for classes.
- Conducts classes and assists the students in learning skills to complete the GED examination at the facility's certified GED testing site.
- Teaches students personal computer skills by selecting, coaching and evaluating the skills of students.
- Operates Help Desk and troubleshoots PC problems, evaluates and upgrades PC installed software and hardware.
- Administers TABE Locator and Part 11 testing in the computer lab.
- Assists with college and vocational training applications and financial aid applications.
- Writes reports, installs software on computers.
- Trains teacher aids and supervises computer labs.
- Completes attendance reports and classroom participation reports as well as maintains a waiting list to keep classrooms full.
- Liaison with other Company facilities and with client.
- Performs other duties as assigned.