Facility: SOUTHERN PEAKS REGIONAL TREATMENT CENTER
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
This position provides medically necessary mental health treatment services including assessment, program design, monitoring and supervision to children and adolescents experiencing social, emotional, behavioral, and psychiatric problems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates behavioral and emotional issues of children and adolescents and develops specific behavior modification treatment plan.
- Provides individual, family, and group counseling under direction of an appropriate clinical supervisor as required and in accordance with the clients’ individualized treatment plan.
- Conducts psycho-educational assessments under the direction of an appropriate clinical supervisor.
- Observes and documents treatment interventions, behavior and client progression.
- Assists with direct supervision of clients and interacts therapeutically as required.
- Supervises practicum students as appropriate.
- Provides outreach workshops and lectures.
- Acts as a liaison between client and community resources as needed.
- Interprets treatment objectives and assists treatment staff to provide integrated services.
- Participates in conferences for the discussion of behavior, diagnosis and client progression as a member of the treatment planning team.
- Develops treatment plans and treatment plan updates.
- Participates in data collection, monitoring, and evaluation activities for the performance improvement program.
- Develops and maintains a current list of resources that includes self-help and self-support groups to ensure comprehensive services to the clients and their families.
- Adheres to department policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance with current practices and meet guidelines as outlined by licensing and referral agencies.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local licensing requirements and reporting procedures.
- Identifies and pursues in-service and continuing educational needs, suggests general training needs for the facility and submits suggestions for training to appropriate supervisory and administrative staff members.
- Attends staff meetings and conferences.
- Supports the company’s philosophy, mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Support and promotes the Sanctuary Model and its Commitments.
- Performs other duties as required.